Making your home more energy efficient can save you a lot of money in the long run. One way to make a home more energy efficient is insulating the water pipes and the water heater. With the water heater it takes a bit of energy to heat up the water in your home. If you insulate the pipes and the water heater you can save on a significant amount on your energy bills. One other thing when it comes to the water heater is when you use less water it tends to save you money on your energy bills. If you take the steps to reduce your water bill it will almost always reduce your energy bill also.
Another way to make your home more energy efficient is to replace all the incandescent bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent bulbs. Compact fluorescent bulbs give you the same amount of light as incandescent bulbs, but use twenty five percent less power. One other benefit of using compact fluorescent bulbs is they last ten times longer.
One last way to make your home more energy efficient is to turn off lights and appliances when you’re not using them. A lot of money and energy is lost when lights and appliances are left on when no one is using them. One other thing when it comes to appliances is when you’re buying a new appliance, look for one with the energy star on it. Making your home more energy efficient does take a bit of work, but if done right it can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Foreclosures, Buy Real Estate At Below Market Valu...
- Flipping Or Renting Out, The Advantages And Disadv...
- Flipping A House Made Easier
- Fixing Up Older Properties, Get More Profits
- Fixing Up Real Estate, Things To Know
- Buying Your First Home And The Truth About Interes...
- Make A Home Less Of A Fire Hazard
- How To Find Real Estate To Invest In
- Selling A House With Owner Financing
- Some Expenses When Investing In Real Estate
- Before Investing In Real Estate
- Making Your Home More Energy Efficient
- Making A Home More Efficient When It Comes To Heat...
- Making A House Sell Easier
- Keeping A Home Safe After An Earthquake
- Coming Up With A Down Payment
- Making An Apartment Building More Desirable
- ▼ August (17)