Earthquakes sometimes can be devastating to your home. In some cases more damage is done after an earthquake than when it is happening. There are many things you can do after an earthquake to protect your home. One thing you can do after an earthquake to protect your home is to make sure there is no gas leak. The best thing you can do is turn off the gas line if you can, after an earthquake. If there is a gas leak and you can’t turn it off it is recommended to get everyone out of the house and go to a neighbor to call the fire department.
Another thing you can do after an earthquake to protect your home is to make sure that none of the water pipes are cracked or broken. Even if you don't see any water leaking you should always check the news or call the water company to see if the water is safe to drink. The last thing you want is you or one of your love ones to get sick drinking unsafe water. One last thing you can do after an earthquake to protect your home is to make sure that the foundation of the house is not cracked or sinking. If you do see that the foundation of the house is cracked or sinking the best thing to do is leave the house and do not enter it until a professional looks at the problem.
A cracked or sinking foundation can be a sign that the house may collapse. An earthquake no matter how small does put some stress on your home. If you use the information you read here it can save your home from becoming more damaged after an earthquake, and most of all keep your love ones safer after an event.
- Foreclosures, Buy Real Estate At Below Market Valu...
- Flipping Or Renting Out, The Advantages And Disadv...
- Flipping A House Made Easier
- Fixing Up Older Properties, Get More Profits
- Fixing Up Real Estate, Things To Know
- Buying Your First Home And The Truth About Interes...
- Make A Home Less Of A Fire Hazard
- How To Find Real Estate To Invest In
- Selling A House With Owner Financing
- Some Expenses When Investing In Real Estate
- Before Investing In Real Estate
- Making Your Home More Energy Efficient
- Making A Home More Efficient When It Comes To Heat...
- Making A House Sell Easier
- Keeping A Home Safe After An Earthquake
- Coming Up With A Down Payment
- Making An Apartment Building More Desirable
- ▼ August (17)